Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pippa's Pumpkin Snacks!


Pippa made me do it.  That is all.

Actually that is not all.  I ran out of dog treats this morning.  This is a very serious thing.  A very very end of the world serious thing.  If you have four legs and a tail and a beard that is.  And what did I decide to do?  Go to the store and pick up some more of her favorite Sweet Potato Buddy Biscuits?  No!  I did not!  I looked up some dog treat recipes.  I looked up the ingredients in Buddy Biscuits.  And I made my own!

Pippa's Pumpkin Snacks

Created by ME!

1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 350.

Put everything in the food processor.  Watch it spin around and around and around...  When it is all mixed roll the dough out on a floured board.  You'll want it to be between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick.


Cut it out with little cookie cutters.  I used leaves and stars, cause they are about the same size as her store bought treats.  I might have made one giant Airedale treat...  Yes, I have an Airedale cookie cutter.  We can discuss that at another time.


Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.  I put parchment paper on my cookie sheets because that is what I usually do, I don't think I needed to, the dough wasn't super sticky after it had been rolled and cut.


Let them cool completely on wire racks before storing them.  The recipes I found suggested that the treats would last less than a week if kept in a container on the counter/in the cupboard.  Two weeks in the fridge and three months in the freezer.  Because this recipe made so many, four cookie sheets, I am going to freeze most of them and keep the rest in a container in the fridge.


I filled two wire racks.  Oh happy dog!


I know what you are making is for me!  Give me one!  Or five!  NOW! Please?




Look at me!  I am such a good girl!  STOP TAKING MY PICTURE AND GIVE ME THE TREATS!



Pippa approved!  


More please!


No comments:

Post a Comment